With that being said, I'd like to share with you one of my most successful recipes so far, bourbon baked beans. These are the perfect addition to any cookout.
| || |
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the onions and bell peppers and sautee until they are soft and just begin to brown.
- Add the barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, and whiskey to the pan. Stir together and let boil for a few minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Drain the canned baked beans as much as you possibly can (I like to remove the top from the can and then press it into the can to squeeze the liquid out).
- Pour the drained beans into the skillet, then stir gently to coat the beans in the sauce.
- Spray a casserole dish or other baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour the bean mixture into the dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the beans are bubbling throughout and brown on top.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe from A Dash of Soul.
The resulting flavor is sweet, savory and a bit smokey. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!