PREP TIME: 15 mins | COOK TIME: 25 mins | TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
- 3 large zucchini (I used 2 and a half)
- ½ lb ground beef (I used ground turkey)
- ¼ cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- pinch of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup feta cheese, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a skillet, add the ground beef and cook until it's no longer pink. Add the cumin, salt and pepper to it and stir well. Add the chorizo sausage and spaghetti sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Wash and cut the zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh.
- Fill each zucchini half with some of the meat mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, feta and tomatoes.
So what would I change? Well, no chorizo. Have I mentioned that already? I honestly believe it will taste just as good with just ground turkey, a little extra seasoning (any suggestions?) and no chorizo. The only other comment I got on it is that there wasn't much meat filling in the zucchini. I will probably use a full pound of ground turkey in the future.
Happy eating, everyone!
PS) You should definitely start following my blog on Bloglovin'! There's an easy sign up on the right side of this page. :)